Noticed something on a recent 2013 farm build where Central Administration site opened correctly from the server it was running on, but when you tried to open it from another server in the farm or a workstation you were prompted for authentication three times and it never succeeded.
This seemed like a behavior I have seen in the past when working with Kerberos based web applications that did not have the SPN's configured correctly. I checked the authentication provider on Central Admin and found it was set to Kerberos instead of NTLM. Since the client is not utilizing Kerberos I changed to NTLM, saved changes, and after this could access CA from other servers in the farm.
I looked again at my script and realized that I had not set the authentication provider switch correctly so this is why it had been set to Kerberos
It is humbling to struggle with something then read a blog post and be reminded that you forgot to check the basics. Thanks for the pointer - I couldn't see past this one!
ReplyDelete