Monday, June 24, 2013

SharePoint 2013 My Site tasks not updating and show old updated date - Last updated at 1/1/1901 12:00AM

While working through some SharePoint 2013 configuration for an upcoming demo I ran across an issue where when you go to your my site and click on the tasks link you will get the error below

Sorry, we are having trouble refreshing your tasks
or
Last updated at 1/1/1901 12:00AM

After doing some research I ran across the following article that described the issue and provided a fix. It seems that the UPA security setup in 2013 has changed from 2010 as adding additional accounts to the UPA was not required.

For me the issue ended up being that the account I used for the work management service application had not been added to the UPA. After doing this and running an incremental crawl the tasks were showing up from other site collections for the user.

Thanks to Hong Gyem for publishing the information on the issue and the fix
http://honggyem.blogspot.com/2013/05/my-tasks-not-updating-seen-following.html

No comments:

Post a Comment